A little history ...
Arradon name probably goes back to the era of independent Gaul. It would then of Celtic Aradunum "Ara Hill." The Roman conquerors, who often inspired by local place names to name the place and would set the name of the town today. Bounded on the south by the coast, the east by the wooded valley of the River Vincin and north by the municipality of Ploeren, Arradon has a genuine geographical unit. Located west of Vannes, which it is distant 7 km, Arradon is anchored in the Gulf of Morbihan. Arradon was once primarily focused on agriculture. Not until the late 19th century that the town has valued its location on the Gulf. Oyster farming, and more recently sailing and boating came broaden the range of economic activities of the municipality.
The municipality has set up in 2007 a circuit interpretation of heritage.
A viewpoint located Kerglas, the highest point of the town, you can view the locations of 14 steles depicting the built and natural heritage.
Markets on the church square. Two traditional markets: Tuesday and Friday morning.
May: Seaweed Festival in rhythm (contemporary music festival), tent.
The 2nd Sunday of August: Feast traditional Moustoir to: Outdoor Mass at St. Martin's Chapel, parade of folk groups, bagad shows and Celtic circles afternoon at 18h and free concert from 19:30 menu Breton, fest-noz. Full program on the website of the festival committee.
The first week of September: Feast of the oyster. From 12 am on the site of Balvras. Oyster tasting, mussels, pancakes, crepes, pastries and German beer. lively afternoon of Breton and German music and dance. Information +33 2 97 44 78 82 (twinning committee Arradon Hochenschwand).
October: Catagolfe. The tip of Arradon hosts one of the largest catamarans regattas in France and in the top three in Europe.
Exhibition of Paintings & Sculptures
- From 24 to 30 june 2019
- Chapelle du bourg
- Arradon - chapel of the town exhibition of paintings & sculptures from Monday 24 to Sunday 30 June exhibition of paintings and sculptures made during the year by the 25 amateur members of the association "Arts in Freedom" of Arradon. Free. Info & reservations: +33 6 85 81 56 15. Every day from 14h to 18h. And in addition, from 9h30 to 12h on Tuesday, Friday & Sunday.
- From 30 june to 2 july 2019
- From Sunday, June 30 to Tuesday, July 2 arradon morbihan challenge The Morbihan Challenge is a three-day, 3-day race that takes place in the Gulf, at sea and in the river. Crews must be mixed and all use of a motor is prohibited. Departures and arrivals are boedic buoy to the Gulf, through Port-Blanc. Free. Info & bookings: http://www.morbihanchallenge.com.
Regards de Breizh: Aperitif-Concert
- On 12 july 2019
- La Cidrerie du Golfe, Le Moustoir
- Friday, July 12 arradon - the cidery of the Gulf 19:00: Breizh looks: apéro-concert apero-concert with 2 concerts: Meldreg - fusion Breton music and Roma Albania supported by a groove tribal rock. La Fautive - Duet feminine, guilt-free, spicy, iodized, euphoric. Guitar, piano, voice and percussion for songs In French, but also Spanish, Portuguese, Gascon or Creole. Free participation. Info & bookings: +33 9 80 67 61 75 - http://www.la-cidrerie.fr - FB Dayou cidery of the gulf.
- On 21 july 2019
- Cidrerie du Golfe, Le Moustoir, Chemin Talhouarch
- Sunday, July 21st arradon - cidery of the gulf 12h00 - 18h00: Sunday betty good sound and games for an afternoon with family and / or friends, this is what we offer with our Sundays Betty. During this summer, we invite you to enjoy and have a good time in 4 bucolic places of our agglomeration. Food trucks and a refreshment area will be present; the games (molkki, puck Breton) are available for free and djs ambianceront this epicurean afternoon for your greatest happiness! Free. Info & booking: [email protected]
Meigma Trio Concert - Organ - Flute - Violin
- On 26 july 2019
- Eglise d'Arradon, Place de l'église
- Friday, July 26 arradon - church of arradon 20:45: concert trio meigma - organ - flute - violin three young Musicians of international fame: Pierre queval organist in Saint Ignace paris, Flutist Charlotte berthome: laureate of the Royal Conservatory of Brussels, violinist Mathilde gandar gold medal at the Conservatoire de Région de Saint-maur, will form the famous trio meigma. free participation. Infos & reservations: [email protected]
Arradon Wednesdays: Latino Flamenco Party & Jazz Swing
- On 31 july 2019
- Place de l'église
- Wednesday, July 31 arradon - church square 7:30 pm: Arradon Wednesdays: latino flamenco evening & jazz swing from July 10 to August 14, Wednesdays are festive in Arradon. Latino flamenco (Paloma Negra) and Jazz Swing 30's 40's (Speakeasy) for this fourth evening of summer. Snacks on site. Free. Info & reservations: [email protected] - without reservation.
Exhibition Watercolors and Paintings on Glass
- From 5 to 11 august 2019
- Salle du souvenir (près de la poste)
- Arradon - souvenir room watercolor exhibition and paintings on glass from Monday 5th to Sunday 11th August Gilles presents watercolors on paper and watercolors on wooden panels, inspired by the themes of the lights of the cities, music, the seabed, flowers... She also presents paintings on glass: paintings, transparent mosaics, mirrors, lamps, jewels... Free. Info & bookings: +33 6 50 59 28 25. Every day from 10h to 13h and from 15h to 19h.
Arradon Wednesdays: Family Day & Reggae-Rock Evening
- On 7 august 2019
- 2, Place de l'Église
- Wednesday, August 7 arradon - church square from 15h: Wednesdays Arradon: family day & reggae-rock evening from July 10 to August 14, Wednesdays are festive in Arradon. Place for ponies, circus, wooden games and gypsy horses and caravans in the afternoon. The evening will be reggae-rock with the group Maracujah. Snacks on site. Free. Info & reservations: [email protected] - without reservation.
Breton Traditional Moustoir Festival
- On 11 august 2019
- Route de Mané Habus - Le Moustoir
- Sunday, August 11 arradon - the moustroir from 12h00 to 23h00: Breton traditional feast of the musket 10h30: Outdoor Mass in the chapel of Saint-Martin. 12:00 pm: Parade of folk groups from the Gréo route to the Mané Habus site. 12h30: Restoration under marquee. 1.30 pm: Dance performance: the circle of Arradon Chal Ha Dichal, the Circle of Rostrenen, the Circle of Vannes and the Bagad of Camors. 18:00: Concert of sea songs with Gabare. 19:30: Traditional meal. Breton hotpot. 8:30 pm: Grand Fest noz free with Loaned Fall and Diskuizh. Price: 3 € adult (free from 18h) - Free for children. Info & bookings: http://www.comitefetesmoustoir-arradon.fr
Exhibition "Singing Fish" by Christian Le Délézir
- From 26 august to 1 september 2019
- Chapelle du bourg, Place de l'église
- Arradon - chapel of the borough exhibition "singing fish" - inks and christian photochromics delzir from Monday, August 26 to Sunday, September 1 drawings in Indian ink and photographs reworked according to a personal technique of color treatment "the photochromie", give a little more body to Exatonia, this utopian, imaginary universe, glimpsed. 80 works exhibited from 20X20 to 81X54. Art prints on vellum or canvases. Free participation (minimum 1 €). Info & reservations: without reservation. [email protected] - +33 2 97 24 08 16. Everyday from 10h to 19h.