The small village of Arfons hides his slate roofs in the heart of the Montagne Noire, in the Regional Natural Park of Haut Languedoc.
It owes its name (Orbi Fonts: hidden sources) all the water that surround it, which were the object of worship to Roman times. These sources form two streams, "The Sor" and "The Aiguebelle", which are the realm of brown trout.
Two hamlets, and The Bastouls The Escudiés, surround the village, starting point of many hiking and attractive.
Around 1150, the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem built a fort, a hospital and a "sauveté" who is behind the present village. In the 17th century, traveling on horseback in the vast forest of Ramondens Pierre-Paul Riquet had the brilliant idea to capture some of the waters and streams Alzeau neighbors to feed the canal du Midi.
Long refuge of bandits and cattle rustlers extorting merchants and villagers of "plain", Arfons is now a quiet village that welcomes every year many tourists attracted by the calm, cool summer, the forest walks and the beautiful scenery.