Village of more than 900 inhabitants, Allègre takes place in Haute-Loire, in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. Long prosperous rural town, the town is located about thirty kilometers from Puy-en-Velay, not far from Lissac, La Chaise-Dieu or Bellevue-la-Montagne, more than 1000 meters of altitude in the massif Velay.
Populated since the Neolithic, the region of Allègre develops thanks to a large family of knights who flourished during the Crusades, Alegre. A rural community for many centuries, Allègre today turned to tourism, unveiling a rich architectural heritage witnessing the chivalrous history of the area.
Lovers of old stones are seduced by the remains that mark this village of Haute-Loire classified Small town of character, while lovers of outdoor life will appreciate the many hiking trails around that allow you to discover the local fauna and flora.
Today in ruins, the feudal castle of Allègre is the work of the first lords of the second dynasty of lords of the village, the Tourzel. Built at the beginning of the 14th century, it was considered at the time to be one of the most beautiful in the region with its twenty-three towers. Devastated by a fire at the end of the 17th century, the building was later used as a stone quarry for other constructions. It is still possible to admire on the site two towers of the main building, a cornice of the old curtain, and a small tower.
Classified as a Historical Monument, the cross of the Armand fountain reveals a pedestal with seven crowns engraved with Gothic letters, as well as a cross of the sixteenth century.
The village church, Gothic style, takes place on the remains of an old Romanesque building dedicated to St. Martin of Tours. The bell tower was rebuilt in the first half of the 19th century with stones from the chapel Saint-Yves and we can admire beautiful stained glass windows from the late nineteenth century. Not far away, in the cemetery, you can discover a Calvary classified as an historic monument with, at the foot, the emblazoned grave of Grellet and Morel de la Colombe.
Eight private mansions of the fifteenth century take place in the town. You will be able to discover the hotel of Chardon, the hotel of the Chier, the hotel of the Guérin, the hotel of the Mozac, the hotel of the Clède, the hotel of the Grellet, the hotel of Bar, and the hotel of Artasse.
Medieval remains are visible in all Allègre including the door of Mr. classified Historical Monuments, with its two towers pierced archers gunboats, the remains of walls, or the door Ravel.
Founded in the sixteenth century, Notre-Dame Chapel has become a place of pilgrimage thanks to its Pieta which would be at the origin of many miracles. One can notably admire 19th century stained glass windows with the Grellet arms.
Charming house of the eighteenth century, the flag of the Countess is not lacking interest, as the stables of the castle near their state in the fifteenth century.
Several hiking trails lead to the discovery of Mount Bar, extinct volcano covered with a bog that is the Regional Nature Reserve Crater Mount Bar.
The market is held every Wednesday morning.
Every 3rd weekend of July, the town offers its famous medieval festival "Alègre Medieval", for 2 days, with thematic events, pageants, theater, singing, music, music dance, a traditional banquet on Saturday evening, followed by a show and a ball... Various festivities of times are proposed each year.
At the end of July, place at the festival of the Three Chairs with his concerts of classical guitar or mandolin.
- On 21 june 2019
- Place de l'ancienne halle
- Organized by the town hall and the friendly secular Allègre.
Exhibition "Carrefour des Créations"
- From 6 july to 31 august 2019
- 1, Rue du Château
- The municipality of Allègre opens its summer season during the opening of the exhibition "Carrefour des créations", located in the heart of the historic town.
- From 12 july to 15 august 2019
- 8 rue Notre Dame de l'Oratoire, Coccinelle
- From July 12 to August 15: exhibition "Marianas"
Exhibition "Traverses Trails"
- From 13 july to 30 september 2019
- La Potence
- This photographic exhibition, the result of two stays in residence of the German photographer Franz Brück, invites the visitor to observe, to take other paths...
Music / Theater Night: "A Grain In The Cogs"
- On 24 july 2019
- Centre George Sand
- "A grain in the wheels", a show presented by the 35 musicians of the "Fanfare en Plastic". Evening organized by agumaaa. Free participation.
Three Chairs Festival
- From 2 to 4 august 2019
- Anciennes ecuries du chateau et eglise
- A Allegre, small city of character: Fifth edition of the Festival of 3 Chaises on August 2,3 and 4
Conference: "Migrations and Migrants" by JP Lauby
- On 7 august 2019
- 4 rue Baptiste Marcet, salle de mairie
- Conference: "Migrations and Migrants" by JP Lauby - 18h-Hall of the Town Hall - (G. Tillion, memory of Allègre)
Show "The Ladies of the Heart"
- On 18 august 2019
- By the Company Dance and Cinema: The Ladies of Hearts rolled up their sleeves, took their cliques and slaps and came out of the deck of cards. They come to play with the place and the public.
- On 18 august 2019
- 4, Place du Marchédial
- Garage sale in the historic village of Allègre