Capital of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, Montpellier has preserved its rich heritage. Boasting a vast pedestrian area, which make the happiness of walkers, the city of Montpellier is perfect for a stroll.
To discover along the walk:
• The old city of Montpellier, called Ecusson, with its narrow streets lined with shops, its mansions, such as the Varennes mansion, the Trésoriers de la Bourse mansion and the Trésoriers de France mansion, and its lively squares decorated with fountains and cafe terraces;
• The not to be missed pedestrian Comédie square, situated in the heart of Montpellier, and the Charles de Gaulle esplanade shaded by plane trees;
• The Peyrou promenade and its beautiful view of the city and the Saint-Clément aqueduct;
• The triumphal arch, the Saint-Pierre cathedral of Southern Gothic style, the botanical garden;
• The Antigone new district and its numerous squares.
The Varennes mansion is home to two museums: the Montpellier Old City museum, which exhibits paintings, ceramics and objects dating from the Middle Ages to the 19th century, and the Fougau museum dedicated to arts and popular traditions.
The museum Fabre contains collections of paintings and sculptures from the 15th century to our days.
|PLAN YOUR STAY|
|Near your destination|
|LOCALISATION IN THE HÉRAULT|
|Tourism in Montpellier||Montpellier travel guide and tourist information|
|Cities & Towns in France||Famous vineyards where France's best wines are produced|
|Hérault travel guide||Best places of the Hérault|
|Languedoc-Roussillon travel guide||Best places of Languedoc-Roussillon|
|Photos of Montpellier||Photos of the category "Montpellier" to view and download|
|Photos of the Hérault||Photos of the Hérault to view and download|
|Photos of Languedoc-Roussillon||Photos of Languedoc-Roussillon to view and download|
|Vacation rentals in the Hérault||Beds & Breakfast in the Hérault||Campsites in the Hérault|
|Hotels in the Hérault||Restaurants in the Hérault||Leisure activities in the Hérault|
|Car rental in France||Flight to France|