The first reference listed in the parish date from 1161, but traces of settlement date back to the Gallo-Roman.
The town has lived mainly from grain, 3 grain mills were mentioned, one of which bore the name "forges" which thus suggests that metallurgical activity was probably present.
In the 19th century, the town has had some upgrades including the restoration of the church, construction of school hall and especially the development of the hemp business. Some hemp ovens are still visible today.
The church Saint-Gervais and Saint-Prot: this church was kept until the last century its character novel. But since the 1870s, it has been the subject of many restorations. The interior and furniture have also been renovated or replaced.
The cross: it is often difficult to give a precise function for most of the cross country. That of Thoiré has the peculiarity of having a chalice carved cross with both arms, which gives it a quasi-religious role for sure.