The site offered the makers of the Middle Ages first natural defense, the ramparts and a castle completing the device. There are a few remnants of the wall that bordered the rocky outcrop located between the Rance River and its tributary the Merdançon. Castle family owned St. Paul, not only remains the tower turned into a church steeple.
The old town has retained a medieval character with narrow streets lined with half-timbered houses or overhangs in the image of the library, Gothic and Renaissance houses, beautiful doors and mullioned windows.
Street of Trincade, the mayor has taken refuge in a hotel of the 15th century, former provost of the house saved from destruction.
Recognizing the importance of the place inhabited robins and bourgeois, Pope Eugenius the fourth in 1442 founded a chapter, which explains the presence of a collegiate church nave with four bays built at that time. Its Gothic portal has a keystone decorated with the arms of Estaing (1442). The building contains a Virgin and polychrome altarpieces painted wood and four chapels, a flamboyant Gothic style. The left chapel is adorned with five keys contained Christ in Majesty and the four evangelists.
Two bridge over the Rance (sixteenth and eighteenth centuries); Capelette chapel located on the left bank of the Rance.
The square of the Strong, statue of the wild child of Aveyron discovered in the woods of Saint Sernin in 1899. True story told in the Truffaut film "Wild Child". The statue is the work of sculptor Rémi Coudrain.