History: The history of Saint-Georges-le-Gaultier is little known. We know that in 1126 the treatment depended on the church of Le Mans and that there was a castle consists of a tower surrounded by a wall and moat. Many lords held various fiefs like those of Bois-Gency of Niaufles or sauveli ... The village will suffer the disasters of the War of Religion and later those of Chouans. Not until the 19th century that the village was rebuilt and developed thanks to the slate industry.
Name of inhabitants: Saint-Georgians.
This pretty town has many small shops and artisans.
The Church of St. George: This 12th century church was completely restored from outside the 19th century. It retains a fine furniture such an altarpiece from the mid 18th century and three paintings of the painter Joseph Lebrun Mans.
The Chapel of St. Anne's small building consisting of a 12th rectangular nave terminating in a small building housing the sanctuary. This chapel was probably used as place of worship and pilgrimage.
There is also the chapel of the Auberdière which is located a few hundred meters Niaufles (previously cited in the presentation of the town). It is only a few square meters.
The bridge: spanning the Vaudelle, this bridge with a height of 45 m, was built in 1913 to allow passage of a railway track which, due to an interruption of work during the First World War does in fact never see the day. The viaduct is today a very different function because it is the starting point for bungee jumping.
The town has a beautiful lake next to the Sainte-Anne. It also has a football field, a gym, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails.