Formerly called The Chapellet (parish founded in 1095), the town of Saint-Éloy-d'Allier was born in 1901. The hamlet of Sain Eloi developed in the late 19th century with the construction of the church, the town hall and school. Following a request of the General Council, the City Council deliberates to accept the change of name and location as Saint Eloy is geographically more central than the Rosary.
A stone emblazoned limestone, fly to Verval recently, was adorned with a crown at 3 Besons recalling the presence of a hospital dedicated to Saint John of Jerusalem as the priory and the chapel of La Roche.
Church of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart: destroyed during the Revolution, the present church was rebuilt in 1896. Cruciform in plan, it includes two bays, a transept slightly protruding, a semicircular apse and a small square tower facade topped by an octagonal spire. The windows date from 1896. The furniture was bought in 1899 but several are preserved polychrome statues including a Virgin and Child undressed, which is pretty rare.
Château de la Roche Guillebaud: This castle stands its romantic ruins on the border of the Allier. The tower is now surrounded by water since the water level of Sidiailles in the Cher. The living in this castle is austere. Covering an area of 6,600 m², it is strengthened at the top of a rock but paradoxically at the bottom of a ravion. Thus, it does not have a defensive and offensive situation but its construction is adapted to the techniques of siege. Several successive barriers therefore have no fallback to the attackers as possible. To attack this tiny castle, a huge logistical and costly in manpower and equipment is necessary. The fortress is still inhabited in 1482. She is abandoned after the religious wars in 1618 and stripped of all doors, windows, interior .... All that remains is that the walls in 1780. From an underground natural cavity into a dark Boussac. At the bottom of the castle turned a mill and a tradition that there were seven chapels around La Roche Guillebaud. George Sand did not remain indifferent to the dark beauty of the ruins described in 1837 in "Mauprat".
Malvaux Castle (private property): Built probably in place of an older building, the castle now has a high tower with battlements and round a corner tower dating from around 1830.