Head of Canton, Quingey is crossed by one of the most beautiful rivers in France, the Loue River meandering first class in a green hilly. Located on the route of the Roman road leading to Strasbourg via Salins, the existence of Quingey back before the 3rd and 5th century. Quingey will remove the last vestiges of its fortifications in 1823.
The bridge over the Loue, dating from 1590, was rebuilt in 1844 and slightly upstream. Most large modern buildings, ancient fortified houses, still have within them the traces of that past.
The village is situated on the banks of the Loue, is the ideal starting point for many sporting activities such as mountain biking and canoeing, and multiple walks are also offered.
Loue, a tributary of the Doubs, which traverses it, is ranked as one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe.
The tower Calixtus II, former castle of the Counts of Burgundy and the birthplace of Guy of Burgundy in 1050 which was Pope from 1119 to 1124.