Petiville The village was the scene of the famous battle of Varaville (1057) between the troops of the King of France, Henry 1 (based on the hill Bastembourg) to those of Duke William (based in Bavent) which ended in a victory overwhelming the Duke of Normandy, the battle marked a turning point in the foreign policy of William, who is now preparing to conquer England.
The arms of Petiville: The Arms "Silver Lion of mouth with three vine leaves vert put 2 and 1," Arms of the Family of Late Petiville are brought by the village since 1999 after agreement from Mr. Petiville .
The first written records, proving the existence of the village dates from 1198, there are the oldest form of the name Parva Villa in the "Magni-Rotuli 69-2 (Great Roles of the Exchequer of Normandy, leaves parchment glued end to end and kept a roll - Lat. rolutus).
The mansion of 17th and 18th visible from the road (private property).
The dove of Petiville kept intact in its frame elm 17th century, it has an internal diameter of 6.70 m and has approximately 1400 holes boulin, he is stone while in the Pays d'Auge are very often in mud.
The Notre Dame: It is impossible to give an exact date for the building of Notre Dame, we just know it was in ruins in 1633. Adrien Francis Touchet and Tilly, several of the place will rebuild the waterway (pediment above the door) on top of which they will climb a bell tower to put the bell. In 1675 mention is made of a door near the altar of St. Blaise, the cult of St. Blaise was therefore already in the 17th century, yet today every year the parish celebrates the first Sunday in February. On November 9, 1849, the City Council decides to build a steeple for the church. The tower contains three bells. The biggest: Claire Théodorine, 315 Kg, 0822 m diameter, cast in 1852 by Paul Havard in Villedieu (50). The average Josephine, 220 Kg, 0745 m diameter, cast in 1852 by Paul Havard in Villedieu. The smallest Eugenie Henriette, 170 Kg, 0674 diameter, cast in 1892 by A. Havard in Villedieu.
City Council (former Rectory): The former rectory was missing today in the cemetery, between the door and the wall current row with the Mairie (Napoleonic cadastre). In 1839, he mentions a discussion with Mr. St. Pierre for the construction of a new parsonage. In Proceedings of the City Council, February 19, 1851 is referred to the construction of the rectory.
The washing: The wash of the town was covered with a roof in 1862 and was surrounded by a fence. In 1886, work to ensure their tightness.
EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
The first Sunday of February: Feast of St. Blaise.