The village in the valley Couze nestles at the foot of a medieval castle which gave it birth. The oldest known document mentioning the castrum de Monte Ferrando is a charter of 1286.
Montferrand-du-Périgord is a municipality in the canton of Beaumont-du-Périgord, an area of 1310 hectares and has 174 inhabitants. To get there, follow the road 26.
The ancient church of Saint-Christophe (outside the village) outside the small Romanesque church we do not doubt that a treasure is hidden inside. Beautiful medieval polychrome paintings adorn the walls. The dating would be between the 12th and 13th century. A scene showing St Leonard, patron saint of prisoners released from two captives. Other scenes of Gothic, Oriental-style adorn the walls.
Hall: originally it consisted of 24 pillars. Late 16th century, it housed the fairs and markets.
The castle (private): dated part of the 12th century that belonged to the barony of Gontaut-Biron, he was for many years been the subject of looting then used its stones to build houses nearby.
Renaissance Homes: above the hall, very nice homes that seem by an optical effect look.
Valley Couze (old paper mills) and museums. St. Avitus and Cadouin Sénieur-classified World Heritage by UNESCO (Santiago pilgrimage). Monpazier, one of the most beautiful houses royal. Molière, the smallest country house in Périgord.