The village is 31 km from Vesoul, Gray 30 km, 40 km from Besançon and 28 km of the future TGV station Auxon the Bottom.
Low plateau, slopes facing south-east and east, flat land south-west and north.
The definition of heraldic crest of the town of "La Vernotte" is as follows: Argent, an alder wood vert smart gold. History of heraldry: the name of the town comes from Comte "Verne", the Gallic "vernos", alder, and feminine diminutive suffix "eet".
Dependencies: The Seven Fountains northwest. Strings in the southeast. Wood Round and Champsinets south southwest. In the hamlet of Gilles were spotted traces of a prehistoric site (flint Campignian).
Until 1898, the name of the town was Septfontaines. The hamlet of La Vernotte became the chief town and gave it its name by order of November 7, 1898. La Vernotte in 1790 was part of the parish of La Chapelle-Saint-Quillain and became part of Saint-Ghent by order of September 30, 1807.
Common primarily agricultural.
Population: In 1815: 330 inhabitants in 1881: 249 inhabitants in 1906: 205 inhabitants in 1936: 119 inhabitants in 1968: 81 people.
A beautiful stone cross and the fountain that you can see the Seven Fountains.
EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
Every year in summer, the rural center of La Vernotte organizes a picnic at a place called the Log Home.
To recall the village festival which took place on the second Sunday in March at the same time a meal is always organized.
ATTRACTIONS, LEISURES AND ACTIVITES AROUND
Church Fretigney 7 km, and the church of Fresne-Saint-Mamès 6 km, a little further the small town of Grandfather Ray-sur-Saone castle.