Bussang, located southeast of the Vosges department, occupies the upper valley of the Moselle. The village is surrounded by mountains covered with beautiful forests of fir and beech. In the southern reaches Ball Servance with its 1216 m, east amounted respectively Drumont 1208 m, Head of Russier 1187 m, the head of Germany 1014 m. The collar Bussang marks the boundary between the Vosges and Haut-Rhin.
Between 1871 and 1914 the village marked the border with Germany, its customs post was at the entrance to the tunnel opened in 1848. The name of Bussang would say about "Bison". On the other origins are suggested: "Bud Sau" Celtic word meaning useful source, or "Bitzenbach" Alsatian dialect meaning stream or source of acid, sour. A track leads more serious until 1420. Bussang and St. Maurice had formed a community called Vixenterius then Vicentin, screw, Bissent, and finally Bossan Bussang. The area around the church took the name of the patron of St Maurice, the other part retained the name became Bussang.
Eating: Smoked, munster farmer cheese and other milk cow pies Lorraine.
Source of the Moselle.
Marie Source: ferruginous water, free access to the public.
Downhill ski area: Larcenaire. Cross-country ski trail (about 35 km of trails and free marked) and altitude (several km, free).
Activities: Cross country skiing, sledding, snowshoeing in winter - Archery, tennis, mountain biking, hiking ferrata, paragliding, fishing, mini golf in the summer.
Theatre (founded in 1895 by Maurice Pottecher), Casino.