Brindas has a rich historical heritage linked to its isolation and its age-old ties with the character of Guignol. It can be noted the historical center, derived from the original castle, and many hamlets rich in natural character and diversity. Isolated between the valleys of the Yzeron and Garon, Brindas has varied landscapes, sometimes surprising, pro-family walks and discoveries. The name of Brindas (Briand before the revolution) is of Celtic origin, as Yzeron and Garon. The earliest known reference dates back to around the year one thousand (cartulary of Savigny).
Puppet Theatre Museum: This museum tells the story of the famous puppet and that of a family of puppeteers. You will discover a rich collection of over two hundred puppets, sets, props, costumes and archives. Open Wednesday to Sunday from 14:30 to 18:30.
Horse-drawn carriage in the heart of the Coteaux du Lyonnais.
Baptism by plane, hot air balloon rides, flying school ...
What to see:
The Castle: City Hall occupies the remains of the old medieval castle, rebuilt in the Renaissance by Claude Talaru Chalmazel, Comte de Lyon, Lord of Obéancier Brindas. One can notice the Tower, a remnant of the original castle, the various rooms Renaissance, ceremonial hall, sitting room, windows and chimneys emblazoned.
The Church of St. Blaise: From Romanesque Revival style, it was rebuilt in the mid-19th century. The original chapel, it was of modest size and flanked by a tower. Of the original chapel remains only the Romanesque bell tower, Gemini, the 12th century, listed as supplemental historical monuments. Three bells are the bell with a heritage dating back to 1801. The church is dedicated to Saint Blaise, bishop and martyr of the Church of the East, the Children and animals. Inside the beautiful stained glass windows of the workshop Barellon including a stained glass iconography (Rest on the Flight to Egypt) and a nice series on litanies of the Virgin.
The streets and remains of twenty, the inhabitants had backed the walls over the centuries, they are still visible inside the homes or businesses along the street of the old town. Two lanes remain in the picturesque village center.
The Cross Road: a dozen roadside crosses dot the territory of the municipality. The most remarkable of them, to Joanna, bearing the date 1596 and the signature of its author: Bastien Roux. Originally located in the center of the square, before the installation of the public fountain, cross the village, now moved to the corner of the cure, bears the trace of the mission preached in 1729.
Castle Monplaisir (private, visible from the outside): abandonment of the medieval castle, become ineffective, resulting in the Renaissance, the construction of a castle approval by the Lord Gaspard de Sacconay (1526). It can be noted at the bottom of a beautiful row of trees, a portal from the 17th century bearing the arms of characteristic Sacconay.
The home of high Pillardière (private, visible from the outside): This fortified house built in 1574, is remarkable for the presence of its loopholes, its battlements, bread oven and courtyard.
Pillar dizzy and railway viaduct: the Yzeron marks the limits of the municipality of more than 5 km. The route between the bridge and the bridge Oak Chabrol makes surprising discoveries: the remains of mills, dizzy pillars of the railway viaduct, shaded paths, murmuring waterfalls and prone to breakouts around family.
Old Oak Bridge: This small stone bridge, now comes to strollers, was once a crossing point between the towns of Brindas, Chaponost, Francheville on the highway Royal Lyon.
Lodges: These lodges or cabins are part of the landscape of valleys. A dozen of these buildings, in ruins or restored are scattered in harmony in the territory of the municipality.
For groups, guided tours of the village of Brindas by appointment by the Friends of the Old Brindas +33 6 09 49 56 78 or +33 6 29 07 03 67.
EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
Fair: the last Sunday in April.
Bio touring the Coteaux du Lyonnais: 3rd Sunday of September.