Located in the Gers, Aignan Township is located in the heart of the vineyards of Armagnac and Côtes de Saint-Mont.
Aignan is located 50 km from Auch, 88 km from Lourdes, 130 km from Toulouse and 140 km from the ocean.
First capital of Armagnac, Aignan, founded around 620 and later in furnished country house, experienced periods of unrest. Looted and burned in 1355 by the Black Prince, Romanesque churches and the Saint-Saturnin de Lartigue, then the church of Gothic architecture in Fromentas Gascon remain.
The township is renowned for its gastronomy traditions of Gascony, its foie gras and duck his Armagnac, Floc and its wines.
Église Saint-Saturnin the south portal built in the 12th century with its top down checkered cornice supported by corbelets historiated and metopes. Then archivolt checkerboard dominant three concentric arcs. Tent on the left, four fabulous birds and on the right one, leaves at the top of volute, found there a kinship with works or Aragonese Navarra. The lantern tower and 35 meters high dome dominated by eight sided tile today, once tin, has two bells installed in 1825.
Fromentas church: 15th century church, located 3.2 km south-east of the village center of Aignan. The church dedicated to Saint-Jacques is considered representative of Gothic architecture in Gascony. With two equal naves, divided in the middle in the longitudinal direction by a porch of pillars and arch palm, she deserves the nickname "Jacobin de Gascogne". The Church of the Jacobins in Toulouse is indeed the most remarkable monument of this kind. The current tower, built outside against the western wall is posterior to the building (two bells). Outside, buttent robust buttresses on the walls and the thrust of the vault. The church contains an interesting furniture: a Crucifixion attributed to Smets, a statue of Saint-Jacques with pilgrim's staff, an altar and a tabernacle.
Many courses are available to everyone in the communal forest of 300 ha.
Base Lake Recreation Forest: Free swimming is supervised from 1 July to 31 August, most sports can indulge in the pleasures of tree climbing and cross the lake with a zip. The first fine days, the tavern Lake offers its services.
A market is held on the Place du Colonel Parisot Monday morning.
Local celebrations of the municipality of Aignan take place the weekend of Easter. The association organizes a Aignan Y Toros novillada not stitched on Sunday morning and a bullfight on Sunday afternoon. Monday association organizes a race Landes formal race.
The third weekend of March, the village associations organize "the night" Plaimont, organized in the framework of "Mont Saint Vineyards in celebration." Restaurants, bodegas tapas in several points of the village, free entertainment in the evening at the village hall.
Garage sale in June and August.
ATTRACTIONS, LEISURES AND ACTIVITES AROUND
Castle-d'Armagnac Terms: Terms castle, there remains only the keep and the north facade. It now houses the Museum of Panache Gascon. The castle dates from approximately the late 13th century or early 14th century. The tower is 36 meters high.
Museum d'Artagnan since 1998, the municipality of Lupiac dedicated to D'Artagnan a museum located in the old chapel of St. Jacques, the same one that the uncle of the musketeer, Bertrand de Batz, had built in side of the hospital that served as refuge to pilgrims of St Jacques de Compostela.