Located on both sides of the River Suran, Villereversure consists of seven hamlets: Rochefort, Mas Bertin Valuisant, Noblen, Leaves, Curfin, Cormorand the station area, and finally the village church Villereversure.
The historical origins of this village are very old as evidenced by the discovery of prehistoric bones in a cave at a place called "The Balmes. Later, at the Gallo-Roman town was small and there would be at the origin of the name Villa Reversura: which means "the country house that we love to watch!
Villereversure owes its development to agricultural activity that has long been dominant (it remains today a dozen farm-oriented dairy production, Charolais, chickens, goats). Then in the 20th century, the railway to the combined size of the stone will make this world famous village (the stone basement of the White House in Washington have indeed been cut at this point). However, this activity will decline gradually and was replaced in the second half of the 20th century by the plastics industry which had up to five plants.
In the 1930s, the village also hosts a facility to treat children suffering from tuberculosis. The Institute developed rapidly in the years 1950.1960. However, because of medical advances, the facility was converted in 1970 in a medical-educational institute (EMI), which now houses 90 young again and a number of educational staff.
Today Villereversure is dynamic and attractive village which has many shops and services.