Village Larzac about 100 inhabitants located in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of Grands Causses, 800 meters above sea level in the south Aveyron.
Viala-du-Pas-de-Jaux tower is part of a set of five locations (Sainte Eulalie, Couvertoirade, The Cavalry, Saint-Jean d'Alcas) enrolled in a program to develop the Larzac Templar Hospital.
Originally, Le Viala was a farmhouse. His destiny changed in the mid-12th century when it was given to the Knights Templar. Knights of Sainte-Eulalie-de-Cernon there built a motte to protect the area. When the Hospitallers take possession of the Temple after 1312, they decided to create a place in town and this construct buildings of a farm. They raise for them in 1315 and the home of the Knights built a church dedicated to St. John the Baptist, the patron saint of the Hospital. Then around 1430, the Hospitallers built there a square tower that works to restore, since 1982, an association of backup.