Marlens is located in the extreme southwest of the Aravis mountains, a few kilometers northeast of Faverges. The river passes the chair in plain Marlens.
It finds mention in the act of Donation of Lothair II, his wife Thieteberge in a villa 867 Burgundian villa Marlindam, causing the current name of Marlens.
At the historical level, it is important to note that in 1821 the population spontaneously and freely participate in the construction of the Ugine-Faverges road, about 7 km. In 1901 a station is built (including railroad linking Annecy to Ugine). Now lost this railway has been transformed into a bike path.