Tilloloy was close to the Roman road Bavay (59) - Beauvais (60). There was the common stand of various earlier places at that time. The village is from a castle built a little away from the road. His lord was from François 1er a very important lord in the kingdom.
In modern times, it is always located on major thoroughfares : A1 ( Paris- Lille) and TGV Paris- London.
Its position south of Santerre plateau, with significant wood ( 1/3 of its surface ) made it a position of resistance during the fighting two world wars. From October 1914 to March 1917, German and French divided its territory. Cendrars who came there "holiday "... in 1915 there is the "Main cut " and the prologue to " The man struck by lightning."