In 1180 appears for the first time the name of the village Thiraucourt, spelled at the time: Tirocourt. The very rural village does not know a lot of changes over the years.
Its population is not very high, and the number of rural will continue to decline. In 1789, little affected by the troubles of the revolution, the village lives in isolation. We know that the Knights of St. Victor Balthazard resided in the castle? which collapsed and allowed people to consolidate and expand their houses. The knight died penniless, leaving behind two girls who lived in a secluded cottage in the village.
Thiraucourt is part of the Canton of Mirecourt. The village has found refuge in the little valley of Val d'Arol, a little away from main roads.
Many orchards, hedgerows, copses, woods up the landscape, giving this small village a natural rich and varied.
On the upper slope, the fruit dominate the vegetation, while the lower part (293 m) from the valley of Val d'Arol is composed of majestic trees and meadows.