Its origins are probably very remote because the village is situated on the Roman road leading to Oisseau-le-Petit and leaving Jublains in Mayenne.
As early as 830, Sougé name appears in official documents. Besides the monks of the abbey of La Couture Le Mans 835 based in the Priory Saint-Martin.
The village has increased dramatically thanks to some wealthy families but also by industry. Indeed since the Middle Ages the metal industry has settled on the site where Ford Ory Forge has also persisted until the 19th century.
The church Saint-Martin: This church was rebuilt several times partly because of different rampages during the Wars of Religion. The last major change is the introduction of the new steeple in 1900, replacing the old facade very worn. In the visible church is a remarkable picture of 1584 representing the Dormition of the Virgin, a work of Francis Dienis, the brothers' workshop Dienis, famous local artists who also worked at the gate of the church Fresnay-sur-Sarthe.
The former priory of Saint-Martin: this construction is well after the founding of the parish since the 16th century. Built in the style of the era, including the facade has two windows and richly decorated with beautiful examples of mullioned windows. Behind the tower can serve the various floors.