Occupied since Neolithic times by men in the cave Valcros, then, in the 6th century BC by the Celtic-Ligurian oppidum Castellas on the hill overlooking the district of Lower Guirans.
The famous painter Mentor illustrated this village.
The oppidum of Castellas: Oppidum is located on the hill overlooking the Castellas to 349 meters on the left bank of Gapeau. This site, a historical monument in 1969, was excavated between 1972 and 1974. It covers over 5 hectares and is one of the largest Provence oppida.
Valaury Chapel: The chapel of Saint-Louis, located Valaury, was built in 1668 in honor of Saint Louis, on the occasion of the visit of Louis the 14th in the region of Solliès during his trip to Provence.
The sundial: Located Place Gambetta, on the facade of the old town hall, it is remarkably designed. The dial also shows the curves of declination.