An exceptional heritage...
Circular in shape, the village built around its church, was founded in the thirteenth century. It was built on an ancient site on maps of the Roman Empire.
One enters the enclosure by a remarkable Gothic city gate tower of the fourteenth century three-storey, classified in 1927.
The Church of St. Vincent, Southern Gothic style, was built in beautiful cut stone from the thirteenth century and enlarged at the end of the reign of Henry IV. A nice little renaissance door, dated 1530, decorates its northern wall. Inside, the painted decoration of the late nineteenth century and the West facade and bell tower.
Facing the city gate, the chapel of Our Lady of Mercy, built in the seventeenth century, contains a touching Pieta sixteenth century gilt wood with gold leaf.
Not far from the village, overlooking Gimone, stand the towers of the castle Savaillan (XVI century), still steeped in the glory of his most illustrious occupant Denis de Mauleon, valiant comrade of King Henry of Navarre, the future King of France.
To see the 13 lofts, 7 of which are visible from the road touring.
Tower Gate of the fourteenth century radioconcentric village built around the church: timbered houses, ramparts, Church of St. Vincent, medieval garden, Roman fountain.