March 14, 847, Count Otto donated to the Abbey of Condat, which later became Saint-Claude in the Jura, a vast marshy area, planted with willows and reeds, enclosing a capricious river, the Sanne . Here in the Priory of only four or five monks will develop their small monastery. The name of Salégiae Salibicus is given to this valley planted with willows, willows = Salegine in French, hence the name Salaise. With the priory to cradle the village develops gradually over the centuries, first parish dependent on the civil administration of Roussillon under the old regime, and then in 1790 created common.
Over time, different spellings are used: Salèzes, Sallaises, Sallaize, Sallèze, Salaizes, and Salaise Salaize, but it is December 13, 1920 gives a prefectural the current name in common: Salaise-sur-Sanne. Early this century, has 901 inhabitants Salaise.
Salaise-sur-Sanne, under the Land Use Plan, maintains a healthy balance of development: 1/4 in industrial and commercial area, 1/4 in residential area, 1/4 in agricultural areas and 1/4 in Green Zone.
The many opportunities available to the public in public services (children's nursery, child and youth service, library, gyms and stadiums, golf sports, but also a rich associational life) are a common Salaise where to live .
Salaise-sur-Sanne is a dynamic economic level, taking advantage of its many advantages: favorable geographical location with proximity to the N7 and the A7 where the presence of multiple signs: industrial, craft, trade and services.
Surrounding communities: The Toll-de-Roussillon, Roussillon, City-by-Anjou, Agnin, Chanas, Sablons, Saint-Pierre-de-Boeuf, Limony.