Both sides of Saint-Sorlin, "City" and the village of Collonges, once clearly separated, are now joined by new constructions. The "City" is essentially the rise of the church and the adjacent streets, lined with old houses and remains of fortifications. Two types of houses are included: the type Bugey with a saltbox roof, going far beyond the facade, and the type Savoy (cottage type) with a gable roof framing a gable. Whether of one kind or another, these houses have a common point, climbing stairs outside because the house is upstairs. On the ground floor houses the cellar and stable. The canopy is home to vast reserves of timber and crops.
The noble families of Saint-Sorlin were at the beginning of military nobility, and many lords, time function completed, settled in Saint-Sorlin. Become useless in peacetime, the aristocracy was replaced gradually by a bourgeoisie de robe (judges, lawyers, prosecutors, curial), some families were ennobled for their turn. When the court of Saint-Sorlin was transferred to Saint-Rambert (1607) and although the "lawyers" still live Saint-Sorlin, the decline of the village began.