History Saint-Nicolas-de-la-Grave begin to Roman times, as evidenced by some archaeological remains. The village belongs to the generation of "sauvetés, towns founded by the monasteries, before the movement for creating" walled towns ". A charter of foundation was built in 1135. Saint-Nicolas is a chief town of the district located at the confluence of the Tarn and Garonne, step on the road to St Jacques de Compostela, 35 km from Montauban and 70 km from Toulouse. The motorway A62 provides an output Castelsarrasin and Valence d'Agen (10 km).
Shops, services and accommodations available to guests.
The Heritage Village consists of:
From the castle Richard Coeur de Lion - enlarged in the 12th century by the abbots of Moissac, administrative center today
The church built in the 13th century - an octagonal tower, portal Renaissance
The hall - originally made of wood, housed the town hall, rebuilt in 1898, surrounded by "angle"
The bandstand dating from 1932
The Garden of India - land donation made July 13, 1992 nations Choctow and Séminolle
The Church of Moutet earthen wall and tower
The museum Lamothe-Cadillac - the birthplace of the founder of the city of Detroit in the 17th USA - recounts his adventurous life - simply Multimedia
Circuit "loitering in a hurry" in the village
The basis for outdoor recreation - water level of 400 acres - pool, water sports, hiking or biking mountain biking, fishing, picnic area
The bird observatory located opposite to "bird islands" - large variety of migratory birds. Tel: +33 5 63 91 44 43.