Saint-Gervais-la-Forêt commune is situated in the Loir-et-Cher department in Region Val-de-Loire. The history of this small town is centuries old.
It was formerly called Saint-Gervais-des-Près and Saint-Gervais-sur-Cosson. Only at the end of the First World War in August 1918, that the town took its current name. With good pasture to the greasy grass where the cows were grazing, the city has long been famous for its cream. The city was often called Good Cream!
In more recent history, during the Second World War, Saint-Gervais-la-Forêt was for nearly four years under German rule. The occupation army had indeed established a platform, and a prison camp was opened in the old stone quarries of the city.