The village's name is mentioned for the first time in 1388.
A church already existed in 1573 but was dependent of the parish of Phaffans. Rebuilt in 1734, she was dedicated to Saint Germain of Auxerre in 1749 by the Bishop of Basel. This building located in the middle of the cemetery was replaced in 1869 by the present church.
The municipality of Saint-Germain-le-Châtelet is located 12 km north-east of Belfort. Bordered by the main road south 83 R & D, it relies on the north foothills of the Vosges. The lowest deck (370 m) is located at the Magrabi Creek and the highest point (539 m) atop Mount du Chatelet. Most of the village between registering scores 380 and 410 meters (the church is at 397 m).
Saint-Germain is one of the Canton of Rougemont le Chateau and the community of communes of the Country of the Vosges.
The activity of the common Saint-Germain-le-Châtelet has become since the end of weaving companies, mainly agricultural and residential. Some shops, artisans and service providers complete this new development.
The entire population is spread over a built fabric of about 223 houses and two apartment buildings.
Cross derogations from 1766.
House of the notary in 1766.
Église Saint-Germain in 1869.
Hiking trails Anjoutey - Bourg-sous-Châtelet - Saint-Germain-le-Châtelet: 7.5 km.
Hiking Felon - Romagny-sous-Rougemont - Bois du Chatelet: 11.6 km.