Formerly first relay station from Paris, and famous for the legend of Christ was at the intersection of seven roads, this county is located in the center of the plateau which bears his name.
She is now facing the future capital of nuclear and high technology, it shall preserve its heritage and its agricultural vocation. Holdings of large area, an area of 985 hectares are devoted to growing grains to take advantage of one of the most fertile land in Europe. A farm in the town hosts one of the largest cattle herds in France, and offered to pick up, self-service, flowers, vegetables and fruits.
The site of the ponds - the old pond, bird sanctuary, pond and new, conducive to the evolution of boats - is marked by the CEN (Center for Nuclear Studies, 200 hectares, including 96 on the town) and CEPR ( Test Center thrusters, 100 hectares). It splits the village into two parts: the Val d'Albian and the old town. A business area is located halfway between its hotel offers a large capacity.
Le Château de la Martiniere: 19th century, the castle now houses a site of Ministry of Defense. Since its magnificent portal you can admire its facade, and therefore the castle, its ancient paved road remained virtually intact. One of the towers was converted into loft.
The church of Saint-Germain: the monks built by settlers in the 13th century church of Bourg Saclay contains the crucifix (fourteenth century) who was at the roundabout known as the "Christ Saclay. Legend has it that a hunter for shooting the Christ, was struck crossing ponds. The church also contains in its vaults arched a cul-de-lamp and a character font Renaissance. A spiral staircase leads to the bell "Jeanne".
The tower of Saint-Germain: relic of the late Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
The flag of the King: built in plaster and grit, it houses the valve regulates the flow of water crossing the pond to pond Old Nine.
Old Pond: Created in 1681, these waters fed water bodies of Versailles, while today they flow into the Ru de Bievre and Vauhallan. This is a site of National Defense since 1980 which hosts a bird sanctuary.
New Pond: founded in 1685, water from this pond is now used as a natural coolant for the plant at CEPr of Saclay.
The farm ORSIGNY: probably built after 1808, it succeeds very important manor brother Lazarus (seventeenth century). It belonged to a time in the 17th century, St. Vincent the Paul. It remains today a pedestrian door carved in sandstone. (Do not visit)
The CEA (Atomic Energy): CEA began its construction in 1948 on a verdant site covering 220 hectares of plateau Saclay. In 1952, the first researchers to arrive Saclay. The CEA then becomes a major global center for nuclear physics. Its mission is to use atomic energy for science, industry and national defense.
CEPR (Center for testing engines) installed on the plateau Saclay, CEPR is one of the few centers in the world able to simulate all the conditions of an aircraft and the first European power facilities. CEPR has a multitude of activities contributing to the development, the development and qualification of aircraft engines, helicopters, missiles and drones.