A 25 km north of Charleville-Mezieres (capital of the Ardennes department), whose slogan boasts Revin his situation "At the heart of the Valley," also occupies a privileged position in the heart of Europe, since 8 km as the crow flies, in Viroinval in Belgium, is the geographical center of Europe of 15. For proof, a circle of 350 km radius, with center Revin, covers major cities of Northern Europe: the closer, Reims, Brussels, Luxembourg, Lille, Liege. Then Paris, Nancy, Aix-la-Chapelle, Antwerp. Finally, Strasbourg and Amsterdam, and beyond London and Frankfurt.
For 150 years, the economic development of Revin is linked to its opening:
On the one hand rail which allowed since 1860, liaison with Paris, and with the Belgian network and Vireux-Molhain Givet, Ardennes while providing a central position on the line Calais-Basel, between the coal basin of the North and the iron mines of Lorraine.
Second line of the Meuse saves the ports of the North Sea to join the Seine basin through the channel of the Ardennes and the Rhine by the canal from the Marne to the Rhine
Gastronomic specialties revinoises: cacasse to the bare bottom, salad with bacon, the sausage meat, white pudding with onion Revin of the game, thrushes, Bayen, cake, sugar pie, Revin the cookie (baked in a mold cast crown that workers made their own foundries revinoises), Mollet cake (baked in a clay mold), the wafers.
The old Revin.
The Spanish House - Museum (entrance fee):
House of the 16th century, listed in the Inventory of Historic Monuments, which houses the museum of local heritage.
Permanent Exhibitions: Inside revinois the early 20th century and the smelter Revinoise, annual exhibition and temporary.
The church and convent of the Dominicans:
The furniture (pulpit, choir stalls) is listed in the inventory of Historical Monuments.
The former convent houses the House of Dialogue.
The pump Lavoye:
Public Fountain built shortly before 1789.
The castle of the Swallows (outside):
Refuge from 1685 to 1688 of the French Protestants forced to emigrate after the revocation of the Edict of Nantes by Louis XIV.
The Chapel of Saint Eloi (outside):
Built in 1930 in the middle of garden cities Faure plants. The frame comes from the old plant the small town.
The park Rocheteau:
Municipal Park with trees and flowers, play areas for children, tennis court ... situated on the Meuse.
The Monument of Manises:
Tribute to 106 guerrillas of the Maquis Manises, young Ardennes shot by German soldiers June 13, 1944 at a place called the Father of the Oaks.
Mount and All-In spite of his views:
At an altitude of 450 meters, Mount offers several points of view, with picnic area: the Faligeotte, the Rock of Minch. The most outstanding is that of Falieri (starting paragliders).
George Sand The stele:
Built in honor of the famous writer who lived in Revin. It was inaugurated May 31, 1953.
The Monument Jean Jaurès:
Revin was one of the first cities to erect a monument in memory of Jean Jaures, one of the founders of socialism.
Flower Market, organized by the City. Information +33 3 24 41 55 65.
Festival of smuggling. Information +33 3 24 40 20 91.
Early June: Visit the Gardens - Parc Rocheteau - Animations.
Flea flea market. Information +33 3 24 40 10 62.
Antiques Garage sale.
Book Fair. Information +33 3 24 40 19 59.
Read Day. Information +33 3 24 41 84 32.
December: Parade and Christmas Market.
From May to September: Annual exhibition at the Museum of Old Revin said the Spanish House. Information +33 3 24 40 19 59.
From September to June: Cultural shows at the Espace Jean Vilar. Information +33 3 24 41 55 71.
ATTRACTIONS, LEISURES AND ACTIVITES AROUND
Site of the legendary Roland Pierre: The Devil wishing to try the courage of the famous nephew of Charlemagne, threw two large rocks in order to force him to retreat before him. The 2 rocks came and stood at the foot Roland, but he did not budge. Footpath 30 minutes.
Mill of the Pile: Called once the mill of the battery, the tradition wants that the brigands were posting at this point to address the boats ... to steal.
Old stone quarries: the banks of the Meuse to Laifour. The stones were transported on Margotin, punting.
Church (1766) (exterior) built in stone Country (rubble).