Restigné account 1246 inhabitants, an area of 2131 ha:
To the north, a 7-acre pond, fishing paradise, surrounded by 400 hectares of heathland and forest.
In the middle 500 acres of terraced hills and vineyards dedicated to: Restigné produces nearly 40% of the Bourgueil appellation.
South to the Loire, meadows and orchards.
Restigné has a rich historical heritage, discovered through its buildings, relics of the past.
Restignacus the 9th century, Restigné bears its present name since the 12th, this town in the plains of Bourgueil, is located near an ancient way "the highway" linking the Touraine to the ocean via Anjou. In 862, during the reign of Charles the Bald, the village belonged to the collegiate church of Saint-Martin, possession confirmed in 1177 by a bull of Pope Alexander III. It was a castle-dependent and provost of the college. In 1428 the provost of Charles VII obtained permission to fortify the church, and in 1438 the first captain of the fortress was elected by the people of the parish and the provost. These fortifications have disappeared. The stronghold of Restigné then extended to the Loire, and the mid-17th century, the marshal was required to plead to keep various islands in the river whose property it was challenged. Angevine until the Revolution, the town has become Tours during the creation of the department of Indre-et-Loire January 26, 1790. In 1856 flooding caused fairly significant damage, estimated at the time more than 300,000 gold francs.