Renaison, whose name seems to come from the river, is located north west of the department of the Loire, in the canton of Saint-Haon-le-Chatel, in the district of Roanne.
The common Renaison, with an area of 2304 hectares, is part of the Coast Roannaise. Piedmont Mountains of Madeleine which correspond to the northern extension of the Forez mountains, the peaks materialize the border between the departments of the Loire and Allier.
The village of Renaison present an altitude of 382 m with a minimum altitude of 351 m at a place called the "Bérands" and a maximum altitude of 798 m to "Drayants".
Everything is to live well in Renaison. Economic life is intense and varied. The wine is well represented (production of more than 2000 hectoliters of wine AOC designation awarded by decree 14 February 1994). Besides the wine, found in the plain the cultivation of wheat, rye and breeding of Charolais. On the industrial and artisanal Renaison account fifty companies. The commercial activity such as services to the population are well represented.
Renaison is fortunate to count among its artists one of the last 15 clog makers in France (there were 20,000 at the beginning of last century).
On a tourist Renaison and its region offer many advantages: the rolling countryside and is pleasant to visit different places of the town are the starting point for many hikes.
The two dams in particular, are among the privileged places for walkers. Chartres is the dam of an arch dam and would seem he one of the oldest arch dams of France. Put water in 1882, it covers 21 hectares and has a holding 3,620,000 m3. At the edge of the dam that rises one of the highest trees of France, a Douglas 53 m and a volume of 22 m3. Just beside the dam Rouchain built in 1976, covers 39 hectares and has a retaining 6.5 million m3. This is a gravity dam. Both dams are a source of drinking water of Roanne is the sweetest water in France. The shady grounds of the dam of Chartres is a popular destination and attracts many tourists.
Certainly Renaison like many other towns of France, suffered terrible hardships both during the 100 years war with rampages due to the royal army during the siege in St Haon le Châtel in 1440 by Charles the seventh, the Plague in 1629-1630 that made a hecatomb, or closer to home, the tragic events of August 10, 1944 where two hotels were burned and 28 Renaisonnais deported. To these facts, the common, 11 November 1948 was cited in the order of the regiment. On May 8, 1949 Minister Claudius Petit handed the Croix de Guerre and April 22, 1978, saw himself Renaison awarded the Cross of the clandestine. But throughout its evolution, Renaison has remained a friendly town.
Theodore Ogier, author of "France in Canton" in 1956, wrote "The cleanliness which reigns within this town is probably due to the good taste to be that its inhabitants". Everything is done and everything will be done so that these writings are still relevant.
The romantic organ: it was built about the years 1870-1871 by the organ builders of English Eugene and John Abbey. It was sold in 1981, the Association of St. Roch Renaison. Its kind, it is one of the most important of the Rhone-Alpes. It lends itself to the interpretation of romantic-symphonic works and contemporary. It has been listed building November 12, 1991. Contact: Association of St. Roch, or organist (email: Ronald.Heinrich @ ac-lyon.fr)
The chapel of Saint-Roch is in 1869, following a donation of land to the Municipality, that the present chapel was built by architect M. Chatard. In 1977, the association St Roch undertook the renovation of its building and its enclosure. From this place, we discover a view over the rooftops of the village and the surrounding landscape. Contact: +33 4 77 64 25 97.
The castle of Bernarde: private property, open every two years to visitors during the Heritage Day. It was built in 1720-1750. Work completed in 1832 set up a very fine 18th century castle park classified as historical monument.
Dams of Chartres (The Task) and Rouchain are located close to each other. It is a place for walkers.
The first, built from 1888 to 1891 is a work of art in stone, set in lush greenery. This is an arch dam and would be one of the oldest in France, put water in 1892, it covers 21 hectares and has a retainer 3,620,000 m3, its height is 51 m for a length of 221 m. At the edge of the dam that rises one of the tallest trees of France, a Douglas 53 m and a volume of 22 m3.
The second, built in 1976, is an imposing work in rock, it covers 39 hectares and has a reservoir of 6.5 million m3, is a gravity dam.
These two dams fed Roanne Roanne and plain drinking water that is the sweetest of France.
The clog: clogs the craftsmanship of yesterday and today.
The amusement park: Mini-Golf - Bowling outside - Tours of donkeys - Outdoor games. Information +33 4 77 63 17 91.
Rock climbing (near the dam Rouchain).
EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
The second Sunday in April: Walk Renaisonnaises Associations (Room ERA). Contact: +33 4 77 64 49 08.
The first weekend in June: Day Classes (Town Hall Square). Contact: +33 6 09 43 35 71.
Last weekend of June: Patron Saint's Day (Town Hall Square). Contact: +33 6 09 43 35 71.