Head of Canton, Quingey is crossed by one of the most beautiful rivers in France, the Loue River meandering first class in a green hilly. Located on the route of the Roman road leading to Strasbourg via Salins, the existence of Quingey back before the 3rd and 5th century. Quingey will remove the last vestiges of its fortifications in 1823.
The bridge over the Loue, dating from 1590, was rebuilt in 1844 and slightly upstream. Most large modern buildings, ancient fortified houses, still have within them the traces of that past.