The Municipality of Quatzenheim belongs to the Community of Municipalities Ackerland at Truchtersheim Township and Borough of Strasbourg-Campagne. It is headquartered in the City of Quatzenheim, 22 Main Street (Phone: +33 3 88 69 02 75 - Fax: +33 3 88 69 17 12 - Email: quatz.mairie @ orange.fr)
The Municipality of Quatzenheim is located in the heart of Kochersberg, the former granary of the Strasbourg region. The land is fertile and farms are still relatively numerous. The reliefs are wavy, typical of the region.
Quatzenheim is located about twenty kilometers from the city of Strasbourg to which it is connected by a road which turns into Highway approaching the suburbs. It lies at the intersection of five roads leading to neighboring villages of Hurtigheim, Furdenheim, Fessenheim-the-bottom-Dossenheim Kochersberg and Wiwersheim.
The City is also served by two bus lines that connect it to Strasbourg, and Truchtersheim and Molsheim, respectively chief town and distant sub-prefecture of 5 and 10 km.
The majority of the assets goes to the city of Strasbourg, even on Molsheim. Remains a minority of the township, which has no major employment areas.
The topography of the ancient village is also typical of pile-villages of the region (Hüfedorf) brings together the old farms and U-shaped around the Lutheran church along two main axes: the Lord Street and Main Street. The evolution of the village was predominantly along the Roman road - old road from Strasbourg to Saverne - then the road Furdenheim.
Some subdivisions of houses were added in the 1980 and 1990. Since 2000, we also observe two trends that seem to confirm: the construction of small community and the rehabilitation of large farm buildings for residential use. Nevertheless, expansion of the area is built progressively, despite strong pressure due to the estate near the city of Strasbourg.
The town's origins date back to the Neolithic (4000 BC). A necropolis has been discovered in 1938, it has been studied by researchers at the CNRS. The discovery in the early 20th century, skeletons and Neolithic tombs and in 1957 to confirm Merovingian tombs, as in many villages Kochersberg and Alsace, as a very long time, it felt good in the environment close to Quatzenheim. It is true that the Souffel and fertile land have contributed to a sedentary population.
Quatzenheim name comes from the Germanic tribe of Chaten to this settlement in 742 and named the village Chattenheim.
From the 12th to the 14th century, various lords took possession: Impertus in 1127, Cuno in 1147, Reinfried in 1170, and in 1280 Bolso Katarina Von Quatzenheim in 1322. In the 14th century, erected a castle there Mullenheim which was burned and completely destroyed after the battle of Entzheim in 1674. This castle was located behind the present church was the chapel. In the 16th century, after Landsberg, then Ratsamhausen, nobles Oberkirch (Baden) bought the village and were the owners until the revolution. The 16th to the 17th century, successive wars, the Peasants' War to the War of 30 years, profoundly shape the character of the area.
From the 18th century, Quatzenheim thrives on the new road through the Kochersberg to join the market Brumath, and develops in a context of rural architecture, strong religious diversity among the Protestant and Jewish communities.
In 1801, the municipality had 285 inhabitants, 820 inhabitants in 2009. Today, the inhabitants of Quatzenheim work mostly in industrial activities and services of Strasbourg and its region. However, the landscape and habitat are testament to the farming village.
Life of the Jewish community has deeply affected the village Quatzenheim. Until 1988, a proposed grocery products kosher Jewish denominations of believers, whether or not originating Quatzenheim. Besides the synagogue of the 18th century, renovated in the 19th and closed in 1940, the Jewish cemetery located just outside the village to Wiwersheim remains a testament to the importance of this community in local life. While other communities were established in the villages of Kochersberg Quatzenheim is the only one with a cemetery with about a hundred graves, a village that was the same seat rabbinate from 1880 to 1910. Without enough of men, the Jewish community of this village died out in the 80s, but not without lasting mark on the history of this small rural town split between two denominations, Lutheran and Jewish. Note that the sacred elements from the synagogue (a curtain of the cabinet and a roll of holy Torah) are in the Museum of Folk Art Marmoutier where they are visible as well as many elements from different Jewish communities of Alsace .
Temple Protestant church in part of the 15th century:
Address: rue des Seigneurs.
Parties constituent: pens.
Period of construction: 4th quarter of the 15th century the first quarter of the 17th century the first quarter of the 18th century.
Year: 1621, 1722.
Background: Some authors date the choir vault of the late 15th century. The date 1621 appears on the key to the latter. She is accompanied by two crowns hammered. The Reformation was introduced in 1539 Quatzenheim. The nave is of early 18th century. The year 1722 is engraved on the pole of the rostrum. The doorway of the west entrance was pressed against the elevation. The cemetery surrounding the building was moved in the late 19th century.
Description: Temple Quatzenheim is a small building when compared to large farms in the village. The walls are built of sandstone plastered, except the west gable and tower which are timber framed. The rectangular nave ceiling is lit by four arched windows. The steeple in-work builds on the west wall. The forum, at the entrance of the nave, is based on a wooden pole. The western gateway, decentered, is flanked by a window. Beyond the segmental arch, the chancel of a square is covered by a ribbed vault falling on caps, and key ring. The three bays of the choir were changed.
Period of construction: third quarter of the 19th century.
Background: The application to build a new Jewish school in Quatzenheim date of 1862. Previously, she was near the synagogue. The land was acquired in 1869. It functioned until 1928. It currently houses the post office and serves as home.
Period of construction: 4th quarter of the 18th century 19th century 20th century.
History: The Jewish cemetery was established in Quatzenheim 1793.
Description: The cemetery, surrounded by a wall of sandstone paddock, is divided into four sectors. The primitive area, southwest, includes hundreds of headstones sprung from the late 18th century to the mid 19th century. In area 2, north-west are about 180 stelae neoclassical style dating from the late 19th century to early 20th century. Sector 3, northeast, contains fifty or steles from the early 20th century (after 1930) and contemporary granite steles. The last area, southeast, is not busy. At its western end is a war memorial in deportation.
Address: 37 rue des Seigneurs.
Destinations successive home.
Period of construction: 4th quarter of the 18th century the first quarter of the 19th century.
Year: 1777, 1819.
History: The first Jewish place of worship existed in Quatzenheim in a private house in 1777. It is likely that this building was converted into a synagogue in 1819. Emptied of its furnishings in 1939-1945, he served as a chapel until 1980. Since the building has undergone some changes.
Carcass work: wood timber frame; coated.
Floors: 1 Floor square.
Old Tram Station from 1902.
The Municipality of Quatzenheim has good sports: football, dojo and even a recent city-stadium. Many services and associations exist in the village. Note also the consolidation of schools and kindergartens as part of an RPI with neighboring municipalities, and the presence of a curricular structure.
EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
Welcome to new residents: Galette des Rois in the Festival Hall.
Evening of the Association of Firefighters in the Village Hall.
The first or second Saturday of Spring Green Barter (exchange of plants, seeds ...).
Le1er Sunday Flea Market in the village organized by the Football Club.
Festival of Music "DJ on the Place." Traditional music and harmony in the Court Schweyer.
The first Saturday of the parish was in the Court Schweyer Day.
The evening of 13 July: Bastille Day Ball with the Association of Firefighters.
The 1st Sunday: Football Tournament, free entry, Bibele Fescht (grilled chicken) at the stage of Sources.
Awards competition 1001 flowers (Registration in June and July passage of the jury).
Messti Village Festival: The first weekend: Saturday: Loto or ball. Sunday: carnival parade in the village, rides, snacks with entertainment at the Village Hall.
Ceremony on November 11 and the War Memorial hall.
The first Sunday of Advent: Parish Feast at the Festival Hall. Sale of Advent wreaths ...
The first Saturday evening of Saint Barbara - Association of Firefighters. Bal and meals at Village Hall.
The 2nd Saturday: Christmas Market in the village "Farms Christmas."