The oldest name Premeaux appears in a written Mazières Abbey in the 12th century, Prumel (1160). Former Prisseium belongs to the early 11th century to the abbey of St. Benignus of Dijon (1020). Later most of the land fell within the abbey of St. Seine (1220).
Prémeaux means "the first water." From the Gallo-Roman period of intense activity on the sites and Prémeaux Prissey, a basin was built at the source of Courtavaux to cure skin diseases and provide a water caregiver intestines, liver and eyes.
Hot, sulfurous, radioactive, water comes out at 18 ° C. All year. Its operation has varied over time until its abandonment in the early 1970s, leaving room for activities related to wood, stone pink, cereals, vineyards.
Prissey was once a manor and a separate municipality, administratively attached to Prémeaux in 1972.
Prissey has preserved its heritage of local stone church of the 13th and 14th centuries with its unfinished belfry, its stately chapel, its tombstones of the 15th and 18th centuries, a Pieta and a table of the 16th (ranked) in the seventeenth.
Like its immediate neighbors and between Coast Plain, the place has a long tradition of fish farming, forestry, agriculture and viticulture.
Excavations in the 1950s helped to better understand the role of Prissey from the Gallo-Roman vicus of Les Bolards Nuits-Saint-Georges: Prissey had a harbor and buildings worthy of an important city. The monumental fragments of the Lower Empire demonstrated.
The two churches of the 13th century: they contain some cultural treasures and works classified: tomb of Charles de Saulx, Lord Prissey falls Benign Desbarres, daughter of the Earl of Cussigny, a 12th century painting, woodwork Louis 14th style (representing the four evangelists and several apostles), statues (St. Marcel, St. Vincent), reliquaries, altar candlesticks, paintings, including one given by Marshal Vaillant from the Emperor Napoleon the third one representative Entombment (1867). The church bells of Premeaux installed in 1693.1733 and 1743 are classified as historical monuments.
Leprosy of the 12th century remains of the entrance with plate.
Trough Cras top: Chalcolithic ceramics.
Rock and Cave de la Fontaine aux Oiseaux (formerly Fontenoie or Fontenoille).
Palace on modern foundations of a medieval castle: the remains of a tower (private, not open).
Sheep on the hills.
Wood Mountain (formerly Mountain Wood Picot).
The water aquifer "the Courtavaux", powered by four sources: the source of Arlot, St. Mark the source having its source in the church, preserving the relics of this saint, the source of the threshold, and the source of Courtavaux itself, the largest (private, not open).
Old Castle Prissey: turret (private, not open).
The archaeological site, where excavations have allowed the updating of numerous archaeological remains dating to the Late Empire. But they have also established the presence of Gallo-Roman houses, monumental fragments found evidence of an important city.