Pévy is located west of the Massif de Saint-Thierry. The vineyard slopes are oriented mainly to the southeast. The highest point reaches 212 meters at a place called "The Spruce" and the terraced vineyards of 100 to 190 meters.
In Roman times, called Pévy Pavium (the villa of Roman Pavius). By 1100, he mentioned in a charter of the village of Manas with the second donation from the altar of Pévy at the Abbey of Saint-Denis.
In the Middle Ages, the name of the village evolves into Pes Vitis meaning "foot of the vineyards." The village was surrounded by walls and closed doors for three, the northern one was called the Cross, and the lunch, GoLive.
In 1346, Beard had to Thibaud Pévy an important area consisting of a house with enclosed, forty-six pieces of land, eleven pieces of wood and three and a half days of vines (old measurement surface).
In 1773 Pévy had an area of 740 ha, 38 ha of vines. Under Napoleon, the village has lost about 140 acres after an administrative division.
In 1825, Almanac of the department of Marne, and described the village: "Pévy, half a league from Prouilly north west, is a village inclined, narrow streets, built on the slope of a mountain watching the rising sun , and crowned with vines. "
In 1839 there were 454 inhabitants Pévy.
The hamlet of Hervelon located east of Pévy had, say, a monastery red. This locality is responsible for selecting a plant Pinot Black has strongly increased including the villages of Sacy and reefs around 1925.
Pévy has various historic monuments such as the Roman church, the castle of wood Ardre, porches Champagne, wash houses, the ford, and small-flowered streets ...