The city owes its reputation in part to its thermal water with many virtues. Sedative, analgesic, balancing and relaxing, it makes Néris-les-Bains a city conducive to well-being. And for lovers of relaxation, a new thermal-leisure center "The Nériades" will be launched in 2013, offering a unique healing through indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, and booths dedicated to programs unique treatments water-based thermal, etc. Also supports relaxation and walks with its 17 acres of parkland flowers and trees, the resort offers a wide variety of scenery. Also preserved a rich architectural heritage can travel over more than 2000 years of history with the ancient Gallo-Roman pools and arenas, the Middle Ages with the Church of St. George and the Merovingian necropolis and especially with the Belle Epoque theater, casino, thermal baths and numerous villas, and many other discoveries yet ...
Pools Gallo-Roman: In the park Hot, one can see three Roman pools adjacent to the indoor pool. Once (first and 2nd centuries), they were covered with marble and surrounded by porticoes. They belonged to the north and Baths were uncovered in 1847.
The Roman amphitheater theater: It was a large building 96 meters in diameter perched on the hilltop at the center who had an arena surrounded by terraces and a stage. Currently conducive to walk the aisles and some semi-circular walls recall the general form of the building.
The Merovingian: Located on the site of the Church, the vast array of ancient tombs consists of stone blocks from the ruins of the Gallo-Roman city in which were carved the Merovingian sarcophagi.
The Romanesque church: Built in the 6th century on the ruins of the Roman basilica, the church Saint-Georges was rebuilt in the 11th (apse, choir, transept) and 12th in the nave. The octagonal bell tower is made of chestnut shingles. Capitals date mostly from the 11th and 12th centuries. We can observe three remarkable statues: the Virgin and Child, Saint George slaying the dragon, and St. Agatha, patron of shepherds, and the tables of the 17th and 19th centuries.
The Spa: The Spa today are built on the same location of the Roman Baths (Thermes south). The first stone was laid in 1826 by the Dauphine, Duchess of Angoulême, the building was not yet completely finished in 1855.
Theatre and Casino: The building was constructed from 1896 to 1898, when the spa was considered too narrow to contain rooms distraction. Theater (half-round) style is said Napoleon the third Italian theater (stage inclined). Restored in 1987, it is perfectly equipped for any type of show and up to 300 people. Built at the same time as the theater, the Casino hosted various fairs: coffee room, reading room, games room and conversation, hall ...
The Lake Pavilion: The influx of hydrotherapy at the end of the 19th century already leading the municipality to request the rail station. It was not until 1920 that the line work and be launched. This line Clermont-Ferrand - Montlucon would also, of course, to Paris. The passage of the line required the construction of three viaducts to join Montlucon Sainte-Agathe, Pérassier and Neris. The station building was constructed between 1929 and 1931 by the architect Louis Brachet. He surprised by the originality of its roof tiles glazed polychrome and construction in granite and sandstone. The operation of the line was short-lived, from 1931 to 1939 for travelers. The express train Paris-Neris was maintained until 1957, however, during the summer season. Freight traffic until 1969. Today, the Lake Pavilion is a sociocultural room furnished in historic spaces and a modern extension. Three spaces are available for conferences, exhibitions, shows, dances, wine of honor, weddings ... The great room "La Coupole" small room "Louis Brachet" and the exhibition hall "Space Ganesco." The railway track between Neris and Montlucon is in turn become a pleasant pedestrian street that connects the two cities in the quiet and greenery.
The viaducts: Three viaducts were needed to service the railway Montluçon - Néris-les-Bains. Today this former railway became a pedestrian: a pleasant walk awaits you along this path of 6.4 km that reaches Montluçon offering beautiful scenery.
The Chapel of Saint Joseph: Located on a wooded hill of pines and chestnuts, it was built at the initiative of Father Clement in 1894. The saint's statue which surmounts the chapel is 4 m with its pedestal and weighs 1400 kg. It was restored in 2003 by the municipality. The interior is being restored by a local association. In season, the chapel is open to visitors (time from the Tourist Office).