At the edge of the forest of Fontainebleau and located on the banks of the Loing, this fortified 12th century belonged to the royal domain. In 1120, King Louis Le Gros 6th erected in the lordship. It then consisted of 1356 meters of ramparts, turrets twenty three doors and a dungeon. Some remains are still well preserved today and contribute to the charm of the city. The door of Burgundy (to visit during the European Heritage Days) and the door Samois (known outside Paris) kept look great on both ends of the street Grande. Since the Impressionist painter Alfred Sisley and his friends discovered Moret-sur-Loing, many artists from all countries come to their easels.