Miramont-de-Lauzun, as was the former name of the walled town founded on the lands of the Duc de Lauzun, with the location of a refuge station or monitoring of the Templars. Like many country houses, Miramont has a grid pattern that forms an almost perfect quadrilateral whose four main streets are cut to four corners of the central arcade.
This is certainly one of the few walled towns to have two charters to confirm his birth in 1278 by an English Edward 1st of England (kept at the Tower of London) and a French one in 1494 by Charles VIII. It is under the administration of Alphonse de Poitiers, brother of St. Louis, Miramont knew one of the most auspicious periods of its history. Having regained the English in 1259, Miramont was already a peaceful village and industrial. During the Hundred Years War, the city was repeatedly devastated and its inhabitants scattered into the neighboring countryside. In 1453, when the French had reconquered Guyenne, Miramont rose gradually from its ruins. In 1494, Charles 8th restores its former country house and authorized the election of two consuls in charge of raising and allocating tax.
Miramont crossed religious wars and the Revolution. But it was not until the Restoration it renewed with its industrial past and in particular through the production of sheepskin slippers.
Long Miramont was the city of the shoe through Soussial Isidore, deported to North Africa where he learned to make sheepskin slippers. Thus was the starting point of a boom that saw the city become a metropolis of the shoe.
Miramont also houses a circus school. Circus Short Brothers (inventors of the modern circus) there took winter quarters before the war.