Milhars, gateway to the Tarn ...
Historically Milhars was a country of communication between Quercy and Rouergue, Albi and Toulouse the country on the other. The Ruthenian Celtic have established channels of communication through the forests along the crests of occasions by Roman roads punctuated by a milestone of which is the cause of Milhars. The man left the peaks to the valleys by crossing the fords in Aveyron Lizoule up the bridge in 1858.
Milhars is a point of defense to control the entry of the valleys and Cérou Bonnan. The village is organized into structures castral snail built on a rocky outcrop below a castle of which there are traces to 1200, it is for various noble families. In the early 17th century the castle fell in part. From 1630 to 1660, Charles de Cazillac-Cessac rebuilt the castle promontory surrounded by a large park. The barony then the Marquis of Milhars was a possession of and title report, do not justify the construction of a fortress or a fortified town.
Nicknamed the "village walls" because of the quaint vestiges of its rich past: Ramparts, walls with relieving arches, fortified gates, fairgrounds, winding streets, old houses of the "Mason", the "lawyer", you Admire the exterior of the castle, monument (private property) and dependencies of the Lord: Old stables, former orangery, oven, lofts, mill on the Cérou.