Menton is known from the 18th century, as the country where the orange blossoms. In the 19th century, the first winter visitors will create exceptional harmonies Menton plant making the city gardens. Small city-type lands belonging to the Genoese family of Vento, Menton appears in the 12th century. In 1346, the town was bought by Charles Grimaldi, Lord of Monaco. His story then merges with that of the Principality. In 1861, Charles sold his rights to the third city to Napoleon III, French Menton becomes. It is attached to the department of Alpes-Maritimes. Conservatory of glory of the Riviera, Menton deeply rooted in its history and identity, is looking to the future. His recent urban development and the extent of its projects make it a 21st century city.