Meillonnas is pleasantly situated at the foot of Revermont on the road to Jasseron Treffort. Crossing the Sevron, the municipality includes the town and six villages: Sanciat the ISTERS the Razza, the Tupinières, Pantaglay and France.
This village look great with its beautiful stone houses sometimes timbered.
Meillonnas owes its fame to the pottery made there since 1760. This ancient fortified village is built around his castle to be transformed into a porcelain factory in 1760 for Baron Brown and his wife Anne Marie Carrelet Loisy.
The Gothic church: Classified Historical Monument, it has two chapels adorned with frescos from the 14th and 15th century. By their finesse, these scenes of life of the Virgin and the Passion evoke the Italian painting of the time.
Pottery and ceramics: pottery tradition goes back to the Gallo-Roman. Bresse, rich in land quality, played an important role in the production of cooking pots. Clays and calcareous marls of the region were used to manufacture "strut", glazed earthenware, stoneware and earthenware. The soil Meillonnas revealed deposits of clay were aware that our distant ancestors. In 1760, a factory "Fayence" was founded by Baron de Meillon in his castle. A specialty that gave this town its fame.
River fishing and Sevron The water level of the Raza.
Castle Jasseron: History Jasseron certainly begins with its destruction around 350, when attested by the discovery of coins bearing the likeness of the Emperor Constant 1 which were probably buried there during the barbarian invasions. We deduce the presence of a Roman camp before the attacks, including a guard tower in woods had a basis in the 11th century with the construction of what would become one of the most powerful castles of Revermont.