Marnaves is a peaceful village located in the valley of Cérou. It lies on a small promontory and protected from river floods.
The houses are made of beautiful stone country and around the Saint-Médard whose steeple was destroyed by lightning was rebuilt in 1884.
On leaving the village, a beautiful wash of 1894, recalls the days of laundresses.
Further, overlooking the plain cordaise, the imposing silhouette of the castle Roquereine, also called plum, is taking shape in the sky. The castle is not open. First mentioned in 1232, the castle was saved from ruin in the '60s by André Lanskoy (1902-1976), French painter of Russian origin who, in 1938, after a long period figurative, turned to abstraction.