French former commune, Mâcot-la-Plagne in Savoy became La Plagne-Tarentaise in 2016 by merging with Bellentre, La Côte-d'Aime and Valezan. This town of about 1890 inhabitants in the heart of the Tarentaise, and ranges from 600-2700 meters.
Mâcot-la-Plagne is best known to host six of the ten component ski resorts La Plagne: Plagne 1800, Plagne Centre, Plagne Villages, Bellecote, Belle Plagne and Plagne Soleil.
With its mountain scenery, sports and recreation, or a warm atmosphere, it attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year. Love the environment, they also appreciate the large number of hotel infrastructure and entertainment.
Lovers of sweet treats will also appreciate the important fruit crop of the town. Indeed, Mâcot-la-Plagne hosts within it a large number of apple, pear and other walnut trees that make it famous.
Valezan is a small mountain village in the Tarentaise Valley in Savoie, quiet and cozy, authentic, traditional architecture, whose main activity is agriculture.
Facing south to 1200 m above sea level with a magnificent view: as a huge balcony that would of Col Petit St Bernard to that of the Madeleine. You will spend peaceful and relaxing vacation while being very close to the ski resorts in the Tarentaise and all the activities they offer, winter and summer.
On the way GR5 and Baroque routes Valezan is an excellent starting point for walking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing or ski touring. A hiking trail is groomed winter. Its southern exposure makes it a place to stay very nice and very accessible.
Mâcot-la-Plagne is above all a ski resort integrated in the famous ski area, La Plagne. The municipality hosts several resorts that offer skiing, tobogganing, snowboarding, or snowshoe hiking trails. Families, the resorts of the commune attract families and friends for sporting and entertaining stays.
In the capital Pierrolaz:
- Visit of the old Fruitière transformed into a small ecomuseum (objects related to cheese making in the mountains and the old mountain life of the past) and place of exhibition and local crafts.
- Open in summer, July / August, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 3pm to 6pm. Visit on reservation the rest of the year.
- Contact: +33 4 79 55 69 25.
- Visit of the School of Ancient, reconstituted school interior.
- Open in July / August from Monday to Friday from 3pm to 6pm.
- Contact: +33 4 79 55 69 25.
- Paths of the Baroque: Baroque church of Valezan in Savoy dedicated to Saint Francis de Sales. Attached until 1714 to the priory of Bellentre, Valezan is erected in parishes on this date and has a church dedicated to Saint Francis de Sales. The building was built between 1727 and 1730 in the upper part of the village and offers a remarkable panorama of the valley and the glaciers of Mont Pourri and Bellecôte. The interior furniture, of great unity, perfectly reflects the fervor of the village population at the beginning of the eighteenth century.
- To see also: an architecture of houses very typical of a slope exposed to the wind with remarkable frameworks.
- The "flower meadows" of a Natura 2000 zone are also one of Valezan's assets: floral and faunistic richness is protected.
In winter, the Mâcot-la-Plagne market is held every Saturday. In summer, it takes place on Tuesday from 7am to 7pm.
In April, beach at Just fabulous R'aide. Organized in support of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis research, this event offers participants a colorful raid. An evening with entertainment and music is also on offer.
Les Sublicimes propose, in April, to script some summits of the ski area with many free activities.
All the summer, market every Friday from 5 pm to 7 pm on the Place de la Mairie and from 8.30 pm, evening movie, concert or conference...
Visits to the church possible in summer on Wednesday afternoons.
10 min Aime, 15 minutes from Bourg-Saint-Maurice, you'll receive all the summer and winter recreation organized in Tarentaise (rafting, climbing, canyoning, paragliding, mountain biking, hiking, swimming pool, plan water canoe and kayak, etc.) or you can also find family or sporty hiking routes.
The town is also a step of the way of the balcony Adrets Tarentaise going to Hautecour Vulmix.