Distance of 26 kilometers from Belfort, Lamadeleine-Val-des-Anges occupies an area of foothills in the region of the Vosges in the north of Belfort.
It is a small town located in lush greenery, built into the mountains.
A historic site: the 33 inhabitants of the town of Lamadeleine-Val-des-Anges are very attached to their chapel, which shows the origin of human occupation of the narrow valley. Archival texts refer in fact, the presence of a chapel from the 11th century and a convent for women existing in 1350. The 30-year war was probably responsible for the destruction of all buildings.
A place of pilgrimage: to July 20 of each year the village celebrates the Sainte-Marie-Madeleine. This pilgrimage brings the population of surrounding villages and is famous site.
During the summer, the chapel was the starting point of many walks in the surrounding forests.