The name of Lacapelle, and the words in 1259 of a "capella" near St. Avitus, suggest the existence in the 13th century on the current site of Lacapelle-Biron, chapel failing village of that name.
The construction of a castle (which few traces remain) must also attract a population concerned with its protection. In the early 17th century, "La Chapelle" is actually a manor owned by the family Carbonnières. After the beheading in 1602 of Charles de Gontaud-Biron, Marshal of France who betrayed Henry IV, some of his relatives, including Jean-Charles de Carbonnières, develop in 1605 a new conspiracy ... in Castle Lacapelle. The king got wind of the affair, "it says, that the castle of Montfort Giverzac, Tayac, Calvayrac and Chapelle Biron will Razes, but the agreement of the Vicomte de Turenne Faict with the king, abolishing crimes by several arrests of those places the ruins "(part of the castle remains in effect until a fire in 1908).
From the 17th century, Lacapelle, which already held four fairs a year, seems to slowly replace the village of St. Avitus ... to finally remove her role as parish in 1822. Life is therefore marked by the distant echoes of history ... until the morning of May 21, 1944 ...
A Lacapelle-Biron, a trap was set up at each entrance to the village. By Road Gavaudun came a company of the infamous Division Das Reich. The German soldiers went to the Mayor, Mr. Lagarrigue, aged 71, and led the usher, an old woman of 75 years they brutalized without mercy. They took him up on a truck and had it at every crossroads, announce to the sound of the drum assembly Now all men without exception. On the square, where now stands the monument, the Mayor, with the register of the City Council in hand, made the call men. Sixty men with a priest and were gathered in a meadow, guarded by soldiers armed with machine guns. At 18 hours, 47 men aged 18 and 60 were reduced on the spot. The order given, they got into the truck. The column escorted by SS steered towards Gavaudun and stopped at the Hotel des Roches in Majoulassy. There were other prisoners joined the column. Finally, about 19 hours, the column of the 118 deportees from the roundup steered Saints to the barracks in Agen. One hundred eighteen men and went to Dachau and Mauthausen ... 24 return of the death camps.
Since 1947 stands on the village square, the place from where the German trucks, the Departmental Memorial of the Deportation. Symbol of Resistance in the department, and the Nazi repression, Lacapelle-Biron has the dubious privilege of holding the county monument to the deportation. This remarkable work is by sculptor Buisseret (Grand Prix de Rome).
Despite these terrible memories, Lacapelle is now a bustling village, who lives at the rhythm of its associations, its legends, its traditions and its rugby ....