First buried under the ice and in the lake which has replaced the site La Buisse is, from the prehistory and early history, a thoroughfare frequented. Traces of habitat from this period are mentioned in the catalog of Voiron.
Later, under Roman influence, appears for the first time the name of Buxia. There was a farm operates as well as spas, not far from the road connecting Rome to Vienna, footsteps not in the valley, swampy and subject to flooding, but the hillside.
The next period, well known, has left its mark: the first parish fragments graves. In the Middle Ages also develops as the influence of the Church which exercises administrative burdens. It is at the end of the 11th century was built a priory importance of the abbey of Saint-Chef, only the steeple of the church through the centuries.
Then came the wars during which Dauphinois-Savoy, La Buisse belonged, according to the treaties, sometimes to the Dukes of Savoy and sometimes dolphins, until the Dauphiné Louis 11th Schedule to the crown of France (one of these treaties demanded dismantling the stronghold of La Buisse in 1384).
Note the passage of Charles the 5th House Historical Pansu, and remember plague which in 1630 fell on the Voironnais.
The Revolution brought about changes in the administration of the village chooses its first municipality in 1790, transformed his church into a temple of Reason and deprived the people of the Angelus that gave rhythm activities. The wars of the Consulate and the Empire depopulated the town. She found only later his agricultural and economic activity including money woven fabrics in Voiron.
Since the communication channels to Voiron and Voreppe have been improved, the town center moved towards the plain, economic activity has seen a revival with the quarrying of limestone.
Currently, the town, with its membership of the Agglomeration Community of Pays Voironnais develops ensuring quality of life and retain employment. A certain balance between a village friendly, welcoming, driven by an intense community life, and a Master of Urban Development of its artisanal and industrial areas.