A commune of nearly 38 000 inhabitants, Joué-lès-Tours is located in Center-Loire Valley, in the department of Indre-et-Loire. Located in the suburbs of Tours, it takes place in the south of Cher, and is part of the community of agglomeration Tours Plus.
Known to be the starting point for the pursuit of the Saracens by Charles Martel in the 8th century, the city of Joué-lès-Tours was completely burnt in 1356 by Marshal Jean de Clermont-Nesle in order to delay the Anglo-Gasconian armies. Today, the municipality which takes place in the extension of Tours, is mainly known for its important economic activity, as well as for its architectural heritage.
Joué-les-Tours benefits from the tourist aura of its neighbor, and offers its visitors a pleasant setting, as well as many cultural and sporting events.