Itteville, between June and the Essonne about 45 km south of Paris, has developed around its 11th century church dedicated to Saint Germain, ponds, marshlands and classified currently covers 1220 hectares about 6270 inhabitants.
Itteville is currently composed of five distinct areas: The Village, with home associations, church and town hall (old house that was owned, among other family Broglie) The Area of the spine; Between two, a new neighborhood from houses in extension around the college's Butte; Aubin and walls.
Itteville has three primary schools, two kindergartens and since 1994 a secondary school education. Itteville put in place for its inhabitants: drop-in center, meals and receptions extracurricular, leisure centers, family day care and childminders relay.
The sports facilities: gymnasium Marcel Cerdan welcomes various associations ittevilloises the College and all schools of the city but also made available to the common area, two stages, a playground (skatepark. ..), a city stadium The youth center.
The foyer greets Andre Alexander Veterans for various activities, meal new year cake of kings, cooking workshops, computer, memory, etc..
In the Village Area and the Ittevillois can find many shops ... with setting up a minibuses for travel Ittevillois non-motorized.
Since 1992, Itteville is twinned with Newick, City of East Sussex (England) with which are held cultural and sports exchanges.
The service organizes cultural shows and concerts at the Espace Culturel Georges Brassens which can accommodate over 400 people and the library organizes exhibitions and literary events.
You can reach the village by local train five minutes from town. A tour guide is available at the library to visit the village and a guide for children as games and puzzles.
Points of visits Itteville:
The most important is the church of the 11th century: You will discover, within many old paintings and frescoes and magnificent ancient tracks donations big men as a gloss of Napoleon III, etc..
La Porte d'En Haut: Four doors assured access to the village, and there remains only the two pillars of the gate on High.
A wall: The common Itteville is surrounded by a fortification wall still visible in places with loopholes and a tower renovated in the 20th century, along a path that leads to the marsh.
The City Hall: Former Castle built in the 16th century and transformed into an appointment by hunting families Broglie and de Polignac. Since 2004, it houses the new City Hall with the park, games for children and an arboretum with 13 different species of trees.
The marsh and bird observatories: This site is home to outstanding ecosystems and species of rare plants and animals that make it a natural site of major department.
The Menhir: Known as the Roche Gentil.
The various mills: The Saussay mill, the mill of the Heath (disused) and the mill Ford St. Lazare, the mill now produces cereal flours of high quality.
Wells around the town: The town has numerous wells throughout the village, the wells and wells Germain Capet are among the oldest.
The steps of the chapel to honor the memory of St. Gombert, the confessor of Itte, a chapel was built on the probable site of his house, today there remain only the steps.
The cross of the switch: In the Middle Ages was in effect on this place a switch used for weighing grain.
The House of Silence: The house is owned by Louis Icart, painter and engraver of the 1900s.
The area of the spine: The Mansion is the remnant of the old buildings housing the Sisters of Charity who came to Paris to work at the mill. The site becomes a townhouse now and then, in allotment of houses.
Castle Aubin: In the 18th century, Poncy of Flexinville former Musketeer to King Louis XV, acquired the castle. Then the house became the property of a former ironmaster who was elected mayor of Itteville in 1800. Today, the castle was transformed into several homes for rent.
Walk Tower: In 1896, Mr. Bort Teisserenc buys the property of justice to make an aeronautical station to continue with Captain Charles Renard studies from weather balloons.