Dating from the second half of the fifteenth century, St. Catherine's Church was built by the inhabitants of the city after the departure of the British. With so few resources, they use as a raw material, wood from the forest Touques and knowledge in shipbuilding.
Historic Monument in 1879, it has attracted the attention of many archaeologists and historians. It is the largest church in France built of wood by shipwrights with a separate bell tower.
Built in several " campaigns ", the first ship (north) was built in 1460 and completed in 1496 by the Second became necessary because of population growth.